Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday 30/05/2014




"To find the real path we have to go off the path we are on now.... take a good look at the life we have created"   -   David Whyte

Thursday mornings I have the privilege of hanging out with some pretty sweet dudes including our very own Greg Berry. We were challenged with this quote as well as many other points yesterday and while I do take time to recharge from time to time it actually made me realise that maybe I should do some reflecting too.

Today, during training, or throughout the day, take a moment to think about just how far you have come. Or when you fail that lift next time, or don't feel as strong as 'the other day', remember and reflect on where you actually started. Look at the path you have carved.
When I started CrossFit I used a red band for pullups, I couldn't handstand pushup, I could barely do 1 ring dip and maybe 25 pushups. I couldn't clean more than 75kgs and getting that much over my head seemed impossible. (on a side note I could toes to bar like a boss, I love ab day).
To look at what I am capable of now compared to 3-4yrs ago makes me happy. What have you achieved?

If you're not impressed with the difference then make some time to talk to me over the next 7 days, after class or on the phone or even email.

5 sets of:
4-7 strict pullups s/set with 10 renegade rows

Tabata Burpees
Pullups
MB Squats
Shuttle Runs.


Bonus core work at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment