Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday 02/06/2014




How much are you willing to improve? How bad do you want to lose that weight? Improve that lift? Be stronger at (insert movement here)? Have less pain during certain movements?
If it's that much then the next question is more important. (my final point is the main point of this today).

How much are you willing to do what I've just said to you to make it happen, as your coach?
On Friday I mentioned a time of reflection on what you've achieved can sometimes help you work better and clear your head. Today I want to inspire and vent at the same time.
I've been doing this coaching thing for a long time. 4 years of CrossFit, 4 years rugby league and a few years of personal training. I've been around young people at a youth group in a leadership role for 6 years.

Everyone is looking to be better at something, football, crossfit, gymnastics, work, relationships, schooling and other facets of life. But only those who apply what they have been taught will actually get where they want. Change and Improvement is a 2-part commitment.
 I read something in Proverbs once which stuck with me. "Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed." 
Choosing to change or make the difference is the start, finding people who will come alongside you, support you, guide you and help you will make a big difference to whether you succeed.
Another scripture that stuck out for me and has probably made a bigger difference in my life states as follows: "In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."

It's one thing to believe you are going to change, it's another thing to actually go out and begin that change. All those people that have come under me in a leadership role at one point have tried to make a change and improve. And I told everyone of them the best advice I had possible. But I only saw a few of them make a change, only a few of them commit to their belief and put some action to their words.
They are the ones who are now making a difference in their lives.

I will give you all the advice and information in the world, but unless YOU action it, then nothing is going to happen and you will still be here, where you are right now.

How much are you willing to do what I tell you, as your coach?



4* 6 Back Squats
S/set with 20 sec L-Hang

5 Rounds for time of:
5 Clean and Jerks 60/40kg
15 Wall Ball
25 Double Unders

Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment