Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday 14/01/2013

First addition of the year and with that cold spell running through yesterday I decided that a thai soup (If you've been to thailand you know it's hectic) was on the menu, so on that note, welcome to another edition of 'Vaughn's Kitchen: Is it even Paleo?'
Now I've tried this once before and it didn't work, this time I thought I would made a prawn stock seeing as the main ingredient was going to be prawns. I was a little nervous but it worked so well and Only took 25 minutes. Unfortunately the website is not allowing me to add photos and I can't figure out why. I will try to put them up tomorrow.

Ingredients:
20 Medium green prawns
1 Carrot sliced, unpeeled
1 Onion sliced
3 Stalks of parsley
1 Stalk of thyme
2 Bay leaves
1/2 cup white wine
Fresh chillies/Sambal Oelek (optional, how much you add is up to you, how hot do you like it?)

Directions:
1. Peel prawns and keep meat to the side, place heads and tails into a hot pain with olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add all the other ingredients and cook for 1 minute.
3. Cover completely with cold water. Now if you want a really strong flavoured stock keep all the ingredients in, if you want a little less strength in the stock skim majority of the ingredients out.
Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Strain and BOOM! There is a perfect stock that can be used for soups or flavouring stir fry. You don't need much to make a good soup so store it in the freezer in 500ml batches.

Tomorrow I will put down the soup I made so stay tuned.

Clean and Jerk Ladder! good times.

Rest 10 Minutes.

3 Rounds for time of:
12 Pullups
9 Burpees
1 Macca's Run

Post time and weight to comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment